“Did you know that there are more devices connected to the internet than there are people on the entire planet? This global pipeline of data keeps the world connected, and nowhere is its presence is felt more strongly than in social media. Every minute of the day thousands of photos are shared on Instagram, tens of thousands of tweets are exchanged on Twitter, hours of YouTube videos are uploaded and hundreds of thousands of pieces of content are posted to Facebook.”
- One out of every seven minutes spent online is on Facebook
- 340 million tweets are sent each and every day
- Pinterest is the social network that skews most heavily towards female users, while Google+ is predominately used by men
- 300 million pictures are uploaded to Facebook every day via Instagram
- 61 percent of LinkedIn members use it as their primary professional networking site
Why is Social Media important for your business?
Well for starters, its used by almost everyone in some way now days. Its almost a daily routine to hear… “So and So just tweeted this about that news story”…or “Tweet live with us during the show”…or “We are holding a discussion on our Facebook page so join in”….and this list goes on, from newscasters talking about this during stories, to TV sitcoms hosting live sessions, to people sitting at work and watching YouTube videos of a cute kitten instead of actually working. Social Media is taking over our lives, but this could be a good thing for you and your business. Why? Because it gets you out there and exposed. Social Media helps build you links so more people find your website. Not only that, but it also allows you to interact one-on-one with customers or clients. You can have discussions directly with your customers in real time, or you could boost trust by having clients post reviews on your page. You can advertise sales via Social Media. The best part…its free! Post a video on YouTube as a commercial for your business. Run a “Like Us on Facebook and receive 10% off our service” promotion. Post pictures of your work if that applies to you. The possibilities are endless, and the rewards, well those could be priceless. Here at Web & Moore, we help you manage your Social Media presence. We will create and maintain whatever Social Media you want, as many as you want. We can also link directly from your website to your Social Media site to boost exposure. This is just another great form of Internet Marketing that is available to you through Web & Moore.
What Social Media is right for my business?
Well that all depends on what your business is. Call us to discuss your unique business with us and we can hook you up with all of the Social Media you will need, but we can discuss a little bit of what is what…
– This is the King of Social Media. It’s where people connect! Users can create personal profiles and add other users as friends, exchange messages, join common interest groups, and so much more. Businesses can make “Business Page’s” where users can “Like” them and then follow their content as well as comment and be involved. We strongly recommend that every business has a Facebook!
– This is another social networking and microblogging website that enables users to send and read text based messages known as Tweets. Twitter has been described as the SMS of the internet. Business can tweet sales or anything else they would like and can be followed by millions.
– This is a social networking website that connects people with professional occupations. People can connect via business relationships. It is almost like an online resume’. Many professionals turn to this site to help with job searching.
– This is a video sharing website on which users can upload and share videos with content including movie clips, tv clips, music videos, video blogging, short original videos, educational videos, and so much more…